There are lots of ways to use video to market your brand, and social media is one of the most important and effective places to do so. It offers a number of benefits for both paid and organic social activities. So, if you don’t currently use videos for social media marketing, we’ve compiled a list of some of the most compelling reasons why you should start. And we’re talking about both creating social video ads and sharing custom videos from your accounts.
Benefits of Using Video for Social Media Marketing
- Videos stand out because sound and motion both attract attention better than static visual images (including words).
- You’ll get higher click-throughs and conversions. Users are over 27 times more likely to click through on a video ad than on a banner ad. In fact, 70% of marketers get the highest conversion rates from video ads.
- Good videos make people want to buy, increasing purchase intent by 97%.
- Nonverbal cues and other elements that are present in videos—like music, body language, tone of voice, and changing images—reinforce and strengthen messaging while enhancing the audience’s emotional response. And when you think about it, video can include any other type of content, from text to sound to images to links and more; this makes it incredibly dynamic.
- Your message isn’t just stronger when delivered by video—the audience also retains it better and longer. People remember the content of videos much more than the content of audio or written content. On average, people retain 95% of the message in a video, but only 10% of a message they read. And after three days, people remember only 10% of a message they hear, but 65% of a message they hear in combination with supporting images.
- Users are also exposed to more of your message in video format; 65% of those who start watching a video watch at least ¾ of it. On the other hand, readers are quick to abandon text that’s more than a short paragraph or two.
- Video is incredibly popular, and only becomes more so year after year. Its consumption grows on social sites and apps every year, and it continues to account for more and more of global internet traffic—already accounting for more than ¾ of it.
- Video gets 1200% more social shares than posts consisting of texts and an image. That means your followers are spreading your message and awareness of your brand to their friends, family, and networks—many of whom can reasonably be expected to also be in your target market.
- It keeps your audience engaged; 1 in 4 users actually lose interest in a brand that doesn’t use videos for social media marketing.
- People are telling you they want it; 54% of people want videos more than any other format of branded content!